At Cinque Ports Tenterden, Rye and Hawkhurst, we’re proud to be an accredited Silver level Cat Friendly Clinic and members of the ISFM (International Society of Feline Medicine)
We recognise that cats are unique creatures with specific needs and it’s important to us to demonstrate our commitment to the animals you entrust into our care. Working with International Cat Care (iCC), we have looked at how we can make our clinics the best they can possibly be for our feline patients.
Cats by their nature are sensitive to changes in their environment, and by understanding and accepting this we can recommend measures to make your cat’s journey to the vets, and their visit to Cinque Ports Tenterden and Hawkhurst a less stressful experience than anticipated.
In order to achieve our Silver Cat Friendly Clinic accreditations, we have had to meet carefully selected criteria as stipulated by iCC. We have demonstrated that we:
Understand the needs of cats and strive to make visits to the vet clinic cat friendly
Approach and handle cats gently and with care through ongoing staff education
Follow the ISFM Feline Friendly Handling and Nursing Care guidelines and have made the pledge to be ‘Scruff free’
Have invested in equipment to manage the specific care requirements of cats
Have an appointed Cat Advocate member of staff to implement and oversee our cat friendly clinic status
(source – catfriendlyclinic.org)
As Silver Standard Cat Friendly Clinics, we are trained to handle cats in a manner that minimises stress, fear and anxiety, as well as advising you on the best way to safely and comfortably transport your cat to our clinics.
We have an in-house cat advocates at our Tenterden, Hawkhurst and Rye branches who are available to answer any questions or concerns you may have, and to provide information and advice on caring for your cat.
Our cat friendly facilities include:
- A separate cat waiting area. There are raised areas on which to place your cat carrier which will be away from areas where other animals may be waiting. There is also a visual barrier to give the cats an extra sense of security
- The use of feline pheromone diffusers to help calm and reassure
- A quiet, well equipped consulting room suitable for cats to feel calm in
- A range of equipment such as blood pressure monitors and cat specific weighing scales to provide a high level of care to our feline patients
- A hospitalisation ward where there is a visual barrier between the cat and other species. We provide comfortable, soft bedding and cat igloos or perch and hide boxes to allow your cat privacy during their stay with us
- Facilities for surgery, dentistry, lab testing and diagnostic imaging are available to allow procedures to be performed to a high standard of care for feline patients.
- If you have any questions regarding the facilities and care we provide for your cats, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Find your nearest Silver Cat Friendly Clinic
Cinque Ports Hawkhurst
Cinque Ports Veterinary Group, Hawkhurst Veterinary Surgery, Springfield, Cranbrook Road, Hawkhurst, Kent, TN18 5EE
Phone: 01580 752187
Cinque Ports Rye
Cinque Ports Veterinary Group, Rye Veterinary Surgery, Cinque Ports Square, Rye, East Sussex, TN31 7AN
Phone: 01797 222265
Cinque Ports Tenterden
Cinque Ports Veterinary Group, Tenterden Veterinary Surgery, Highlands, Ashford Road, Tenterden, Kent, TN30 6LX
Phone: 01580 763309