Cinque Ports Veterinary Group recognise that all businesses impact on the environment in a variety of ways.
As such, has made a strong commitment to become greener and help reduce our carbon footprint on the planet.
We are proud that Cinque Ports are working towards their Bronze accreditation from Investors in the Environment (iiE).
We have identified the following key environmental impacts associated with the delivery of veterinary care at Cinque Ports:
- Consumption of gas, water, electricity and oil
- Use of gases
- Waste generation
- Transport emissions
- Use of raw materials, including prescribed drugs and medicines
- Procured goods and services with their environmental impact
Our management’s commitment to the environment has secured us a state-of-the-art practice facility to our Associates while guaranteeing quality service that will improve the health and wellbeing of our clients. Our environmental commitment can be demonstrated in our established goals:
- Commitment to net-zero carbon emissions target by 2040 in alignment with Mars Sustainable in a Generation and Linnaeus Sustainability Policies
- Compliance with all appropriate environmental regulations and public/client expectations
- Monitor our key resource usage and implement conservation techniques to achieve our environmental targets
- Implement a waste/recycling policy and sustainable procurement policy
- Minimise unsustainable transport use
- Take part in a OneHealth sustainability project with our Associates
- Work with suppliers to ensure they acknowledge and decrease the environmental impact of their products and transportation
- Publish and distribution of an annual organisational sustainability report
The introduction and implementation of this policy is a pledge of Cinque Ports management and mutual responsibility with our Associates. Luca Gaffuri has designated responsibility for the day-to-day implementation of this policy.
The policy will be reviewed annually as part of the organisation’s overall environment management plan.
Signed: Luca Gaffuri
Position: Clinical Director
Signed: Mark Neall
Position: Clinical Director
Date: 9 September 2020
How we’re improving waste and recycling
By recycling materials and using recycled products we can reduce the amount of waste that goes into landfills and reduce carbon emissions.
We encourage all team members to embrace the 3 Rs:
We try to reduce all waste by only printing/using paper when we have to, we only give out plastic bags when they are required, re-using as much as we can; scrap paper; plastic bags, etc.
A recycling system has been set up in each branch, enabling us to recycle paper, plastics, cans, cardboard and confidential documents.
We are also extremely careful to make sure we are disposing of all our chemical waste correctly and not throwing harmful products down the drain.
We also use digital X-ray machines and have a plan in place to renew all our X-ray machines with digital facilities, thereby reducing the risk of using hazardous chemicals.
How we’re reducing carbon emissions
- Turning off the lights and computer systems at the end of each day where possible
- Only using air conditioning when it is necessary
- Unplugging electrical devices when they are not being
- Replacing light bulbs with energy-saving light bulbs
- Using our washing machines on cooler cycles